|Virtual Cookie Exchange|
I looked at several copy cat recipes for the Starbucks bar and then I adjusted this one to make it a little more cookie than cake texture. You can use the hint at the bottom if you want it to be thicker like the ones they sell at Starbucks. I do a cookie exchange and I love finding bars that I can make in the 1/2 sheet pan. I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and friends.
Cranberry bliss bar cookie
· 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
· 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
· 3 eggs
· 1 teaspoon orange extract
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 cup white chocolate chips
· 3/4 cup Craisins
· 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
· 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
· 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/3 cup Craisins, roughly chopped (Chop and toss in 1 Tab. Powdered sugar to keep from sticking)
· ½ cup of white chocolate chips, melted for drizzle
· Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15x10 inch jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper.
· Beat together melted butter and brown sugar over medium speed with an electric mixer. Add in eggs, 1 tsp orange extract
and 1 tsp vanilla extract and beat until mixed well. Add in ground ginger, baking powder, salt, and flour, beating until just
blended. Don't overmix.
· Stir in white chocolate chips and Craisins by hand. Spread and pat evenly into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake in
preheated oven for 18-22 minutes until set and golden brown at the edges. Don't overbake. Remove from oven and
place pan on a wire rack to cool. Allow bars to cool completely before topping with frosting.
· To make the frosting, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
Add 1/2 tsp orange extract and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and mix well. Top cooled bars with frosting. Spread with a wet spatula.
· Sprinkle with chopped Craisins and drizzle melted white chocolate over the top with a fork. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
· This freezes very well in an airtight container. I have frozen the cookie part in the pan and then frosted when I needed them.
Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar Style:
· Use a 9 x13 baking pan for a thicker bar. Make the same, but cook time is 22-25 min. Finish the same as cookies.